Header Ads

How Social Media Increase Blog Traffic - Social Media Experiment

How Social Media Increase Blog Traffic - Social Media Experiment
In my previous post topic, there are some SEO tactics used by me to improve the traffic to my blog and it totally works. Social Media is my second experiment to increase the traffic make my blog social media friendly.


Context:
In this experiment, I want to use social media platforms such as "Google+, Facebook, and Pinterest". The main purpose to use these social media sites to increase the traffic. An author describes that "Share the link of your site to increase the traffic through social media" choose the right platforms where you feel your content can be shared and engage with the user such as Twitter and Facebook" [Lardi and Fuchs, 2013].

Social Media Tactics: To Increase the Traffic
  1. Facebook Pages
  2. Google+ Pages
  3. Pinterest Photo & Link sharing

The first tactic I used to increase the traffic of my blog and make its appearance more visible in the search engine I choose Facebook as a platform. I got a facebook page with 1650 likes. To complete the experiment to increase the traffic I have written a post about most followed footballers and shared on the Facebook page (1GoalTube). In just minutes after posting the link on the page, my traffic from Facebook increased.


To do the experiment on the Facebook page (1GoalTube) the first thing is to create the content that engages the audience. My blog is about social media so I choose the sports topic "Most Followed Footballers on Instagram" (Link) that relevant to my blog main theme. The link shared on the page on 2nd December and the instant impact clearly seen 92 people from the facebook page visit my post.

The second method I applied to bring more traffic to my blog is to use Pinterest. An author who works closely with B2B businesses providing content, point out that "Put text on the Image to attract more audience from Pinterest" (Cain. 2012).  Because people want something new descriptive in short summary. An author explores that "it is a great idea to start adding text to your image that gives it a more professional look" social media users attracted towards creative work and giving your picture professional look increase engage traffic to your blog [Hayden, 2012].

This time shared a picture explaining the top 5 most followed footballers on Instagram on Pinterest. After posting the picture and link on the Pinterest (link). There are 28 people who visited my site and engage in the conversation. You can see the results based on an experiment in the given picture.

The executive editor for Small Business Trends claims that Google+ the best way to boost the traffic to engage the audience to your website if you make your posts interactive and engaging by adding text on pictures, videos, and links give a reason to the people on G+ page to see the content your shared it can happen only with shared  [Hessinger, 2018].



Shared the link on G+ and is my final experiment to increase the traffic works. After sharing my post on G+ page Cristiano Ronaldo Fans Page (link). In just a few hours 43 people visit my blog from the page. I have chosen a post (most followed footballer on Instagram) to share it on google plus page.

Reflection:
I think the reason for the success of this post is following the actual methods of increasing traffic from a social media platform. Pinterest is something new for me the main highlight is to understand how much a picture with text can bring massive traffic to blog [Hayden, 2012]. Sharing a post on Google+ community page tells the actual story how people can follow the post if it has some precise text explain the whole post. The poor engagement with this post has not discouraged me from using a Facebook campaign next time I will try with advertising option to engage more user with the campaign.


References:

Cain. E, Blogging Wizard, Drive 3x More Traffic To Your Blog With Pinterest, available on [https://bloggingwizard.com/pinterest-traffic/]: accessed on 2nd December 2018

Hessinger. S, 2018, Smallbiztrends, How to Create a Google Plus Page for Your Small Business, available on [https://smallbiztrends.com/2013/06/create-a-google-plus-page.html]: accessed on 2nd December 2018

Hayden. B, 2012, Pinfluence: The Complete Guide to Marketing Your Business with Pinterest, The Basic Planning of Pin and The power of pictures

Lardi. K, Fuchs. R, 2013,  Social Media Strategy: A Step-by-Step Guide to Building Your Social Business, Zurich