Header Ads

Search Engine Ranking - A SEO EXPERIMENT

So I am going to apply a few tactics that will help my blog post to index faster and it will help to get better ranking in search engines. To do this experiment I look on some chapters of " Search Engine Optimization for Dummies" by Peter Kent.

My practice platform will be the social bookmarking sites and link exchange. The main purpose why I have chosen these platforms they will help my site crawl faster in the search engine. My blog is a month old not visible in search engines. We have learned some tactics about search engine optimization in social media class. I applied some of those SEO tactics to engage some traffic to my blog.


SEO Strategy for My Blog:

  • Social Bookmarking Sites
  • Link Exchange Method
Each link count and it helps to drive more traffic to blog "To rank, a new site in the search results social-bookmarking links give a boost to your site domain" because backlinks effects the search results posts or pages with most backlinks rank in the top pages of search results" [Clark, 2018].


The study of the chief blogging officer for the ManageWP blog describes that using "Reddit properly you can expect tons of traffic towards your blog or website" to get the most out of your Reddit experience, you’ll need to understand the type of content that ranks good in search results [Ewer, 2014]. I share my first post on social bookmarking site at Reddit and 3 people visit my blog from the Reddit as you can see in the above picture.

Pearltree its social bookmarking site that allows the user to upload pictures, videos and share the content they think people should know about it (Meyers, 2018). Its the second site that I used to share my blog post and work successfully for me and my blog got link from top social media platform once again.

A digital marketing strategist from India she points out that "social bookmarking sites are good for content ranking building" in the search results but it will increase higher chances of spamming that might cost you a penalty as well as a ranking factor" [Sharma, 2010].

The study investigates how bots work search engine Kent (2008) according to him "search bots travel around the web, follow the links, the index pages more quickly of the website" posts with backlinks because of the search engines love's links more backlinks to website more higher ranking in Google search results.




The link exchange method totally works for my blog and my post such start indexing in google. I got three backlinks from other blogs. The study of Kent (2008) explores and claims that "you can ask other sites to link your site or blog, give them the link from your blog" it will build your more links to help your website to reach top search results. Approach these sites the same way you approach the sites linking to your competitor.

This is my first practical based of SEO from my course social media as a culture. After 30 hours my blog is now search engine friendly, my blog posts are now indexed on Google.

Reflection: 
The success of this post based on the social bookmarking sites and link exchange method technique. It is very important to follow the technique such as blogs. I believe a quickest and smartest way to get faster links from top sites is to use link exchange method because Google bots look for the sites who share linkbacks (Kent, 2008). I have never done this kind of practice base work on the blog before it is totally a new experience and In future, I will use these techniques and I am hopeful to build a good website to share my research work.

References:
Clark. T (2018) 50+ Social Sharing Sites That Boost SEO & Drive Traffic, available at: (https://www.searchenginejournal.com/social-sharing-sites/261563/) accessed on [29 November 2018]

Ewer. T (2014) How to use Reddit to improve your search engine rankings, available at: (https://www.wordtracker.com/blog/content/how-to-use-reddit-to-improve-your-search-engine-rankings) accessed on [29 November 2018]

Kent. P (2008), Search Engine Optimization for Dummies 

Mayors. K, 2018, Keith Meyers Blogging Nibbles: The Successful Way To Make Money Online, How to use Social networking sites to drive traffic

Sharma. A, (2017) What is Social Bookmarking?, available at: (https://www.extreme-seo.net/advantages-disadvantages-social-bookmarking/seo/) accessed on [29 November 2018]